Sunday, September 11, 2005


Still tiny, but growing... Here I am sleeping on a pillow in the middle of the big bed, just about to wake up. Mostly I was sleeping in mothers' lap, but for this picture I posed all alone.
Uncle dan, thanks for the warning in your comment. I will have to make sure he can't win. So far I am doing pretty well in that department, and he does everything for me without my even asking.
Today we decided (me and mommy) to let father have some time to handle other important aspects of life. A half day of dealing with job related issues, and then taking care of food. Not only a nice dinner but also Pashtiza so we can have food for the rest of the week. For those of you not familiar with this invention, it consists of a multi-layered pie made of whatever there is at home, with a few constant ingredients. For example, today the bottom layer was polenta and semolina (mamaliga) with mushrooms and spices, followed by a vegetable layer (peas and cauliflower) a pasta layer marinated in quark, sour cream and cottage cheeses, spiced salty and with hyssop, and topped with angel hair pasta basted in muhamara, with some grated madrigal on top. As you can imagine, this took quite some time. As these words are being written, it is baking in the oven. Other then that, the day was uneventful - oh and the rash is almost gone. Hiccups still here once or twice a day though...

0 Comments:

Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home