Monday, April 11, 2011

Joshua Tree

Today we went to the Joshua Tree park.
Near the entrance to the part we found a Geo Cache (look it up if you don't know what that means. Its fun.

The desert is blooming, and beautiful. We could not have picked a better time to come here...

Some hiking, got us to interesting places, though I can tell you hiking with sandals in the desert is not so easy...

More blooming flowers.

And even the cacti are blooming.

This bloom is apparently very rare indeed.

Climbing is also part of the journey of course.






Some of the cacti here look very strange.


Time for lunch. Can I have mine under this rock?

Oh look, we even spotted some wild life!

And I found more places to climb even higher.

Daddy had to climb after me.


This arch was easy to get to (easy for me at least)

On the way back to the car, which way should we go now?



Can I hold this rock? Its really heavy, I hope it does not fall on top of me...

Ok, time to fly home!
Up up and away!

And here is the Joshua Tree itself, after which the park is named. Also known under its latin name Yucca brevifolia this cactus looks just like a tree.
Great day which I hope I will remember for a long time...

0 Comments:

Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home