Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pinnacles

Today we are taking advantage of the spring and hiking in pinnacles national monument.
It is a long climb to the caves, but I am hiking on my own.
We are hiking with the Zohar family, and everyone is hiking together.
Before we started the hike, we saw a condor - turns out this is one of the only places in the world you can see condors. Mom even got interviewed for the radio about it.

Here we are above the caves.
Fishing the lake with daddy...
Looking at the strange flowers, and more...


Last but not least, I completed enough pages in the workbook and got sworn in as a junior ranger! To tell the truth I was a bit disappointed, since I was expecting something tasty as a reward, and instead I got a badge and a patch. But I got ice cream later, so all`s well that ends well.
We stopped for dinner on the way home, and I got to watch some dvd on the way as well (the way was long enough for me to see the whole dvd...)
Next weekend maybe we can hike again?

0 Comments:

Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home