Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last day of Hanuka

First we make Sufganiot.
I helped make the dough, and now it is time to cut out the sufganiot themselves.
I have my very own cutter.

Once we cut out all the Sufganiot, we can roll the dough again to make even more!
What a wonderful invention...
Then we can fill them with Jam.
Of course, we need to leave a few empty ones for me to eat.
I do not particularly like to mix any sort of sauce with any carbohydrates.
I like my pasta plain, as well as my bread (though I am ok with dipping it in Tahini if Pa makes some).
Latkes and sufganiot I can dip in a little bit of apple sauce, but I am not at all sure about this Jam.


And in the evening we light the candles.
Tonight the house is really lit up, and we have so many guests!
4 Families came to join us, and Dave even brought some dough he made, and we are helping him make croissants.
They taste very good when they come out of the oven, but not as good as the chocolate coins we get for Hanuka :)

This was a busy week, with celebrations every day. Very much fun, but I am looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Edit Comment

Post a Comment

<< Home